Monday, January 13, 2014

January Dreams

Living life with addiction you often have to take things one second, one minute, one day at a time, because life can become unmanageable otherwise.

With the beginning of the NEW YEAR in the past I liked to set goals, make resolutions, reminisce, and look ahead which in my opinion is in complete contrast to my One Day at a Time mentality. I make tentative goals that I work toward for each day, but I try not to look too far ahead when it comes to goal setting. I have “dreams” and hopes for many things, but I am also realistic and live to enjoy today, and whatever may come in today.

The first month of the New Year comes January when our nation celebrates Martin Luther King, Jr. Day. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day (officially Birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr.)[1] is an American federal holiday marking the birthday of Martin Luther King, Jr. It is observed on the third Monday of January each year, which is around the time of King's birthday, January 15.

So today in honor of Martin Luther King, Jr. and January 2014- I have decided that I wish to express my “Dream”.

I dream that one day all those who struggle with addiction will find and hold on to the ability to work at recovery and sobriety within themselves, and also within society without prejudice or manipulation, with love and understanding, everyday.

I dream that the children of addicts will not blame themselves. That they will find understanding, love, and help within their families and society in dealings with all those emotional issues.

I dream that the parents and families of addicts will be able to always feel love in their hearts for their addicts, but not enable them and come to know the difference between those two things.

I dream that science will find a way to ease human physical suffering without chemicals that react upon the brain.

I dream the all nations and populations will find compassion in their hearts for their fellow man.

I dream that addiction will be eradicated so that no new soul will come to suffer that fate.

I dream that love will overcome the hearts and minds of all people today and every day.

1 comment:

  1. Pam, do you have a way to follow your blog here? I may just not be seeing it.
    Beautiful post...... I dream for many of the same things. :o)

    ReplyDelete