Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Anniversary Poem

On December 31, 2014 my husband and I will celebrate 10 years together.  Our marriage to each other is our second chance at love, and we are making the most of it.  I love to write poetry and as Wordsworth says....
Fill your paper with the breathings of your heart. 

So I have written my husband this poem, Twas a Love which I will give him on New Years Eve.  I want to share my new poem here on my blog.



 Twas a Love
Twas a love that engulf me as I opened my heart.
Not knowing the adventure about to embark.
It was early in 2004 my heart was quite still.
Love had tricked me and hurt me, I had my fill.
Laughter and fun was the goal by this time.
No trust was left in that heart of mine.
The children were grown and going on with their lives.
The days seemed like something just to survive.
I put myself out there to see what might happen.
One day just by chance I met a man in a cabin.
At first we just talked, and we talked, and we talked.
Soon it was clear we must meet or just walk.
It was easy and nice we discovered much in common.
I remember removing my smile was a problem.
With a kiss on my cheek he said his first goodnight.
It was right then and there that my heart did take flight.
My mind was a whirlwind my heart filled with joy.
Should I or could I wish for anything more.
As the days came and went we grew closer and closer.
Our hearts now were mingled and joined the moreover.
Don’t worry be happy was our motto those days.
The trials that were given only focused our way.
Something that seemed too good to be true,
With love in my heart I had nothing to lose.
Not perfect, we fight, we get hurt we converse.
Our love’s like the famous prose of Wordsworth.
We did not go searching, but were found just the same.
 This love continuum has hope to always remain.
Our Love Story today is a decade with time.
Growing, evolving, and in perfect rhyme.

12/23/14 pbist

I hope love lives with you and yours this holiday!


No comments:

Post a Comment