Thursday, May 1, 2014

Nixon our rescue cat.

Update on Nixon the Cat…


With every new day Nixon becomes more and more comfortable in our family. His biggest fan so far is my husband despite the blobs of cat hair laying all around, his occasional moments up on my kitchen counters, and his sneaking into our bed during the night. But, NOW he has an obvious issue with our leather sofa. As we were having our breakfast the other morning, my husband noticed that the cat was sitting oddly on the leather sofa. As I went to investigate the cat dismounts and I find he has left behind a liquid substance. (Trying not to gross everyone out here)

OH NO, this will not do! I cannot and will not have a cat like this in my house; something will have to be done about this. My husband is pushing back saying that he is already attached to this cat and we will figure something out. Does anyone have any suggestions here? If he does this once my opinion is he will do it again. Luckily this happened on my leather couch which was fairly easy to clean right away, but if this happens on a rug or any other fabric surface I just know I will come unglued!

Also this cat is very loving in the mornings. This too is causing me some issue because now I have cat hair all on the legs of my pants where he rubs himself against me if I am not petting or brushing him. So there is that too! I have already told my vet that we may have to find another home for him as he may not be working out. I can live with the cat hair, I knew he was a long haired cat when I agreed to take him, but the other is NOT negotiable for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment